Photography in College.

Several student photographers have sent samples of their work to the second annual exhibition of the Boston Society of Amateur Photographers, and one has been awarded the first prize for interiors. Such success as this is gratifying when we think how badly we have been left this autumn. But there was no competition from Yale.

There are many men in college who have cameras and a few who use them during the college term. Some say that there is nothing to photograph during the winter, but I think they are wrong. Let us see what we can do. During the last week I "took" at least eight or ten fellows in my room; some in their torch-light uniforms, some in fancy dress, and some in their ordinary clothes. I also got a good picture of the ruins of the car stable after the recent fire, and Thanksgiving day I took two very amusing instantaneous photographs of the foot ball game played by the Memorial waiters. Indeed, instead of having any trouble in finding something worth taking, I am often at a loss to decide where I can best turn my attention. One of the pleasantest of my winter amusements is photographing Snodkin's rooms, the ones that we have heard so much about lately. They are easy to take and are so varied that they cannot become tiresome. All the signs can be read in the photograph as clearly as in the original, and snob. is forever sending the pictures to his fair friends, who wonder what on earth the sign of "Boarders Wanted," "Hair cut and shave, 50 ets.," or "Reserved for Ladies," can mean. I will say nothing about the uses of a camera during the summer, they are too obvious to mention; but if any one will call at my room I can show him photographs of all my summer "mashes," and few college men can do that.

CAMERA.