Gymnasium Drill.

A meeting of those interested in gymnasium drill, and especially of those men who wished to go into training for the Mott Haven sports was held in the director's room yesterday afternoon. Dr. Sargent thought that more interest ought to be taken by the students in general athletics; that training for the various events ought not to be confined to those who had already showed a marked proficiency in them, but should be extended to those who might by proper exercise develope into excellent athletics. The trouble in the past has been that too much dependence has been placed upon one or two men for any particular sport, and the natural result was that, when they left college, there was no one to fill their place. Now that Mr. Lathrop will be in the gymnasium in constant attendance until spring, an opportunity will be afforded for regular instruction and systematic training, and it is hoped that new men will avail themselves of this privilege. Dr. Sargent showed a determination to do all in his power to assist the men in their drill. Mr. Lathrop will have the immediate charge of most of the squads.