Foot Ball Meeting.

A large and representative audience of students assembled in Holden last evening to decide whether or not we should have foot-ball at Harvard. Mr. M. M. Kimball, '86, captain of the '84 team, called the meeting to order, and stated that the object of the meeting was to ascertain the sentiment of the college on the subject of foot-ball. Contrary to the general belief, Harvard has not yet withdrawn from the league. Rules were drawn up by Harvard and Yale representatives last fall which modified in many essentials the old rules. The important changes will be published in tomorrow's CRIMSON.

The chairman put the question to vote whether or not we should play foot-ball at Harvard. Upon this, remarks were made by Messrs. Phillips, '86, Woodbury, '86, Adams, '86, Claflin, '86, and Peabody, '87, all of whom spoke in the strongest terms in favor of a revival of the game. Mr. Phillips, in particular, urged the need of playing this fall if we hoped ever to play Yale or Princeton again. The motion was then carried without a dissenting voice amid a great applause and enthusiasm. Mr. Kimball stated that it depended entirely upon the new athletic committee whether we should be allowed to play Yale or Princeton. Upon motion of Mr. Phillips, it was voted to play foot-ball any way this fall, whether with Yale or the smaller colleges, or in class games among ourselves. Great applause greeted this motion; the temper of the meeting was evidently strongly in favor of a revival of the good old game. Mr. Kimball then urged all men who know anything about the game to present themselves on Jarvis today at four o'clock. In the course of a few days, 15 or 20 men will be selected to go into regular training for two weeks, and at the end of that time our faculty will probably decide whether to allow us to play foot-ball with our ancient rivals or not.

The report of the treasurer of the Foot-Ball Association showed a balance of $3 in the treasury. The chairman was instructed to appoint a committee of three, chosen irrespectively of classes, to have, with himself, full powers to make such arrangements as may seem to be in the best interests of foot-ball at Harvard this fall.