COMMUNICATIONS.

We invite all members of the university to contribute to our columns, but we do not hold ourselves responsible for any sentiments advanced in communications. Anonymous contributions will not be accepted.

A QUESTION OF PROPRIETY.EDITORS HARVARD HERALD: This morning one of the college papers printed the proposed scheme and what purported to be the standing rules of the Dining Association. This appears extraordinary in the light of the proceedings of the last meeting of the directors. The directors authorized the vice-president to have a proof of the standing rules struck off for their use, that alterations might more easily be made at their next meeting, before the regulations were finally printed. A motion was also made that a single college journal be furnished with a copy of these rules, on condition that it print the necessary copies for the use of the directors, but strong objection being made, the motion finally was withdrawn. A vote was then passed that the amended scheme be adopted and forwarded to the corporation for their approval or rejection. Nothing was said concerning the printing of the scheme; do not, however, the same objections against printing the rules in the manner proposed apply with equal force to the printing of the scheme? How, then, does it happen that the full scheme and standing rules should appear in print, in but one college paper, and that, too, as though they had been finally adopted? Was this announcement official?

MEMBERS.FEBRUARY 17.