Overseers' Meeting.

A special meeting of the Board of Overseers was held yesterday morning at 50 State street. It was voted to concur with the President and Fellows in their vote appointing Henry Lee '36, William Sturgis Bigelow '71, and Arthur Astor Carey '79, Trustees of the Museum of Fine Arts for one year from January 1st, '98. The committees in the Board of Overseers were also made up for the year 1898. The only new committee was the committee to visit the Gray Herbarium, composed of Francis L. Higginson '63, F. H. Peabody, Charles F. Sprague '79, George G. Kennedy '64, George W. Hammond, Nathaniel T. Kidder '82, Emile F. Williams, Eugene Van R. Thayer, Edwin H. Abbot, Walter Deane '70.

The following new appointments were made to the other committees: To the Committee on Elections, J. J. Storrow '85; to the Committee to visit the Divinity School, George A. Gordon '81; to visit the Law School, J. J. Storrow '85; to visit the Medical and Dental School, Henry F. Sears '83; to visit the Bussey Institution, F. H. Appleton '69, Augustus Hemenway '75, Francis Shaw '75, N. J. Bowditch, C. Minot Weld '80, Lawrence Brooks '91; to the Committee on the Administration of the University Chapel, George Wigglesworth '74; to the Committee on Indo-Iranian Language, A. V. Jackson; on Germanic Languages and Literature, Denman Ross '75; on Botany, C. N. Nash, Charles E. Faxon '67, Henry Champion Jones; on Geology, Raphael Pompelly.