Harvard College Overseers.

At an adjourned meeting of the board of overseers, President E. Rockwood Hoar in the chair, it was voted to concur with the president and fellows in appointing George Anthony Hill, A. M., instructor in engineering, and George William Sawin proctor. The election of William James, M. D., as professor of philosophy was presented and laid over under the rules. The petition of the students regarding attendance at college prayers, indorsed by the faculty, was referred to Messrs. Peabody, Brooks and Lowell. The committee on the quinquennial catalogue was requested to consider the subject of the official language of the university and the propriety of printing the same in English. Mr. Clark, the president of the university, and Messrs. Peabody, Parker and Saltonstall were appointed a committee to consider and report on the whole subject of the college degrees. The board refused to sustain a motion that the seat of Judge Endicott, in the board had been vacated by his acceptance of his election as a member of the corporation.