Gleanings from the University Bulletin.

The January number of the University Bulletin contains information of interest to the students. From it we learn :

That the additional sum of $3,000 has been received from Mr. Edward Austin to improve the appearance of Austin Hall, that amount to be a compensation for the destruction of the old Holmes House.

That the value of the two Swett funds lately received for Medical School needs is $26,000.

That in the niche at the upper end of Memorial Hall corresponding to the one containing the bust of General Bartlett, is soon to be placed a bust of the late Colonel Charles Russell Lowell, '54.

That the new green-house at the Botanical Garden was built at a cost of $4,800, and to pay for it gifts of $1,600 were received from Messrs. H. H. Hunnewell, Fred. L. Ames, and B. P. Cheney.

That David P. Kimball, '56, has given a fund of about $10,000 to maintain two scholarships of the class of '56. One of them will be awarded this year. Each will be worth $300 annually.

That the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy is desirous of becoming an integral part of the university, and that the subject has been referred by the corporation to the Medical faculty for advice.

That the sum of Professor Agassiz's gifts to the university amount to over half a million dollars, and entitle him to be called one of the greatest benefactors of Harvard.

That the accessions to the library mentioned in this Bultetin, number 211 volumes.

That the treasurer has stated to the corporation that the trust fund created by the will of the late P. P. F. Degrand is about $170,000, from the income of which annuities amounting to about $3,000 a year are now payable. After the death of all annuitants, Harvard is to receive for a tund for French books one-fourth of the principal of the trust fund and nine other corporations are each to receive one twelfth. Our share will be about $43,000, or $2,500 yearly for French books.