Communications.

EDITORS DAILY CRIMSON:- Among the many complaints which are annually made in regard to the mid-year examinations, there is one which is certainly justifiable. If we must have a police force of proctors to spy upon us during examinations to see that we don't cheat, converse, or otherwise misbehave ourselves, why cannot we have detectives endowed with a little delicacy of feeling? At an examination yesterday, the man in front of me finished his paper about three-quarters of an hour before the time was up. Immediately a proctor strolled along, his boots creaking like the doors in Sever, took up the blue-book, seated himself on the desk, and proceeded to read. Of course his superior knowledge found flaws in the book. And he gave vent to his feelings by a series of loud snorts and chuckles, which, under ordinary circumstances, would have been exasperating, but at the time it was simply maddening. I cannot see what business he had to look into the book in the first place; in the second place he should have learnt by this time that mere politeness required gentlemen to control their merriment-when loss of control is out of place and ungentlemanly. I have heard so many complaints on this subject that, a sufferer myself, I thought I would call your attention to it. '89.