250th Anniversary.

The CRIMSON has been requested to publish the following circular which has been sent to the Alumni of the University:

CAMBRIDGE. MASS., Sept. 1, '86.

The Two Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary of the Foundation of Harvard University will be celebrated on the 6th, 7th, and 8th days of November next.

On Saturday, the 6th, Undergraduates Day, the students of the University will celebrate the event by Literary Exercises in the morning, Athletic Sports in the afternoon, and a Torchlight Procession in the evening.

On Sunday, the 7th, Foundation Day, the anniversary of the passage by the General Court of the Colony of Massachusetts Bay of the Memorable vote,

"The Court agree to give Four Hundred Pounds towards a School or College, whereof Two Hundred Pounds shall be paid the next year, and Two Hundred Pounds when the work is finished, and the next Court to appoint where and what building."

there will be Commemorative Exercises, under the direction of the College authorities, in Appleton Chapel, conducted in the morning by the Plummer Professor, Rev. Francis G. Peabody, and in the evening by the Rev. Phillips Brooks. On this day clerical graduates of the University are requested to refer, in their pulpits, if the circumstances permit, to this act of the infant colony and the benefits which have followed from it.

On Monday, November the 8th, Alumni Day, the graduates of all departments of the University and guests will meet in Massachusetts Hall, at 10 a.m., and proceed thence to Sanders' Theatre, under escort of the undergraduates, where an address will be made by James Russell Lowell, LL. D., and a poem delivered by Oliver Wendell Holmes, LL. D., and honorary degrees will be conferred by the University.

In the afternoon, the Association of the Alumni, composed of all graduates of the College, with their invited guests, will have a collation in Memorial Hall.

It is suggested that the members of Harvard Clubs in the various cities of the United States who are unable to attend the celebration at Cambridge should commemorate the day.

Tickets for the collation in Memorial Hall, at two dollars apiece, will be for sale on and after Tuesday, November 2d, to graduates of the College, holders of Honorary Degrees from the University, and members of the Faculties of the Professional Schools and of the College, and may be obtained either on personal application or by letter. No tickets will be reserved unless the price accompanies the order, and tickets ordered by letter will not be sent by mail, but will be reserved to be called for until half-past one, p.m., on Monday, November 8th.

For the exercises on Monday morning in Sanders' Theatre, the gallery, containing four hundred seats, will be reserved for ladies, and tickets at two dollars apiece can be obtained by graduates of the University in the same manner as tickets for the collation are obtained by graduates of the College; but not more than two tickets will be sold to any one Alumnus.

Address, for tickets for ladies and for the collation, Allen Danforth, Bursar, Cambridge, Mass. Office hours, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Executive Committee. - Charles Devens, President of Alumni Association William Gray, Chairman Committee of Arrangements.

Henry Lee, John C. Ropes, Henry W. Putnam, Samuel Eliot. Edward G. Porter, James J. Storrow, Jr., Arthur Lincoln.

Secretaries. - Henry Parkman, Josiah Quincy.

Chief Marshal. - Henry Lee.