Concert in Sandars Theatre.

The concert in Sanders Theatre last night was fairly attended. The students, for whom these concerts are chiefly intended, do not seem to realize that they are losing a golden opportunity by staying away from such excellent concerts as the Boston orchestra affords. We trust we shall see still more at the concerts. The programme was as follows.

F. Mendelssohn, Overture. Midsummernight's Dream.

W. A. Mozart, Concerto for Pianoforte in B flat major, No. 4. (Original Cadenzas.) Allegro. - Andante. - Allegro.

Fr. Liszt. Hungarian Rhapsody, No. 2.

R. Volkmann, Symphony in D minor. Allegro. - Andante. - Scherzo. - Finale.

Soloist, Mme. Anna Clark-Steiniger.

The Overture to Midsummernight's Dream was played with remarkable delicacy and distinctness. The playing of the difficult motions by the strings was perfection itself and could only be accomplished by strings such as the Boston Symphony Orchestra possesses. The Concerto for pianoforte was performed by Mme. Anna Clark-Steiniger in rather a lifeless manner. The Concerto is thoroughly Mozart in character and rather tedious than interesting. Mme. Steiniger was very well received by the audience, and was given an encore. The Hungarian rhapsody, No. 2. of Liszt, was also well rendered, the weird character of the piece being carefully observed by the director. The Symphony in D m'nor by R. Volkmann, has been heard in Cambridge before, and requires no comment. Its broad character was sustained throughout, and but for slight unevenness among the strings and rather poor phrasing in the reed and wind, the overture would have been admirably given.