The D. K. E. Theatricals.

Union Hall was filled to overflowing on Saturday night, and about half filled on Saturday night, and about half filled on Saturday afternoon to witness the representation of the extravaganza "Romulus and Remus." The play went off as smoothly as could be desired; the "grinds" were fresh and very amusing, though bearing rather hard upon Boston and Bostonians; the costumes, especially those of the Romans and Sheperdesses, were very striking; and the music, artistically adapted from the latest comic operas by Mr. Daniels, was very well rendered by the Boston Cadet Band under his direction. The plot, it is needless to say, abounded with anachronisms and absurdities which made it all the more amusing. Romulus and Remus are in love with Proserpina; they fight a duel about her, and Remus is killed; Romulus descends to Hades to recover his brother's soul, and finds Proserpina there on the same errand; Pluto falls in love with Proserpina and refuses to let her return to earth; the difficulty of providing a bridal trousseau is solved by the property manager, and the play ends in a blaze of red fire and a wild dance of demons, and condemned souls. Following is the cast: Romulus, (red,) Remus, (blue,) L. Anderson, L. Honore; Pluto, W. H. Rand, Jr.; Charon, R. A. Lawrence; Proserpina, W. B. de Billier; Mother Ceres, H. M. Clarke, Jr.; leading shepherdesses, L. M. Keasbey, W. Abbott, A. P. Butler. The honors of the performance were very evenly divided between Messrs. de Billier, Honore, and Rand; the former was the most captivating artificial girl we have ever seen; and acted his - beg pardon - her part to perfection. The ladies of the chorus were also attractive, Messrs. Keasbey, Butler, Abbott. Hallowell, and Le Roy especially so.