Foot-Ball.

'89, 10; '88, 4.

About 150 shivering spectators watched the first game for the class championship between the senior and junior elevens on Jarvis yesterday afternoon. The game was called at 3 o'clock, '88 taking the east and '89 the West Side of the field. After several lively scrimmages, '89 gradually forced the ball down towards '88's goal, and Perry rushed over the line and made a touchdown just fifteen minutes after play was begun. As only one of the goal posts was in an upright position, Umpire Slocum had to raise the other and support it while Perry kicked a goal. Score, '89, 6; '88, 0. When the ball was again put in play, '88 took heart, and forced it steadily towards '89's goal. The junior rush line held well, however, and it was some time before a bad fumble on their part caused the ball to go spinning straight between the goal posts, where Hallowell sank gracefully down upon scoring a touchdown. The wind was too strong for a goal and the juniors started the ball down the field again. Only two half-hours were to be played and the first half ended with the ball near the center of the field. Score, '89, 6; '88, 4.

After ten minutes rest, the men lined up for the second half. '89 rushed the ball into '88's territory immediately, and Perry soon made another touchdown from which no goal was kicked. Several scrimmages then followed with the ball still in '88's field. Bradlee was hurt and Sullivan took his place. Time was called shortly afterwards. Final score, '89, 10; '88, 4.

The umpire was Mr. T. W. Slocum, '90 and the referee, Mr. R. J. Clark, '91.