A Voice from Wellesley.

The following earnest protest against the "heartrending article" published in the CRIMSON last week forms the Wellesley letter to the last number of the University:-

"WELLESLEY, MASS, Jan. 21, 1888.

The chief topic of conversation at Wellesley during the past week has been the treatment of the Pierian So-duality of Harvard on last Monday evening, when they gave a concert here. They were no doubt treated in a very inhospitable manner, and much regret was expressed among those who attended their excellent concert. But matters reached a crisis when a scathing article on their cold reception at Wellesley appeared in the Harvard CRIMSON. It was no doubt just, but slightly inconsiderate. The Sodality do not seem to remember that they came, not on the invitation of the college, but on that of the Tennis Association, and that a very limited number of this association, without consulting its officers or revealing their plans to any one, took the management of the concert into their own hands, and caused that for which the whole college is ridiculed. A strange lack of sense was manifested in the reception of the Sodality. No unnecessary introductions took place. They were served, after a long and freezing ride from Cambridge, with "coffee which they drank because it was hot and they were cold," and cake from the effects of which, as the CRIMSON declares, some of them gave their last gasp and expired. They complain of being stared at as if they were statuettes, but how could we help regarding them, in our anger and pity at their aimless misery? It was no vulgar curiosity. We know what the coffee and cake were-who better? Some reparation from some society in college is contemplated, the great objection being that the Sodality might, as they imply in the heartrending article of the CRIMSON. refuse all further invitations to Wellesley.