Yale, 76; Wesleyan, O.

The Yale 'varsity eleven played its first game of the season last Saturday, defeating the Wesleyan team without any difficulty by the score of 76 to 0. The Yale team of this year is composed largely of new material, but the team play of the eleven was strong and showed the effects of the careful coaching which they had received at the hands of Captain Corbin and the regular football trainer, Mr. Camp. The Yale and Wesleyan elevens have now been in training for two weeks, but as the men were not in the best of condition for a long game, two halves of but half an hour each were played. The ball was kept in Wesleyan's territory during the greater part of the game. Wesleyan was forced to make two safety touchdowns, and the rest of Yale's points were scored on touchdowns by the following men: Wurtemburg (4), Corbin (3), Heffelefinger (1), Gill (4), Morrison (1), Rhodes (1). From these touchdowns, Morrison, half-back on last year's Exeter eleven, now filling the same place on the Yale team, kicked ten goals. The Yale rush line was vastly superior to Wesleyan's, being heavier and playing a much steadier and more vigorous game. The best work for Yale was done by Wurtemburg, Corbin and Gill.