Phillips Exeter, 10; Harvard Freshmen. 4.

The game, Saturday, between the Phillips Exeter Academy team and '92 was closely contested, and was won and lost only in the last ten minutes. The freshmen played by far the best game so far this season, while the work of Exeter was rather below its usual grade, especially in the first half. At the beginning of the game neither side gained any great advantage, but at last, by the good work of Harvard's backs, the ball was rushed within a few yards of Exeter's line. Brooks forced it over and scored the only point which Harvard secured. No goal. Exeter now took a brace and effectually prevented Harvard's efforts for a second touchdown. The score at the end of the first half was four to nothing to Harvard. The freshmen kept up their good playing till the latter part of the second half, when they seemed to weaken. Barbour, by a good rush, scored a touchdown, from which a goal was kicked, and it was but a few minutes later that Brooks, Exeter's halfback, touched the ball again behind Harvard's line. The best playing for Exeter was done by Brooks and Barbour; for Harvard, by Brooks, Allen, Baker and Hunt. The teams were as follows:-

Harvard Freshmen-Curtis, Newell, Travis, Hunt, Heard, Baker (Putnam), Schoen; quarter-back, Neff; half-backs, Brooks and Allen; full-back, Forbes.

Phillips Exeter-Hill, Trafford, Stickney, Beattie, Watson, Erskine, Bardwell; quarter-back, Barbour; half-backs, Morse and Brooks; full back, Graves.

Mr. J. S. Fillmore acted as referee, and Mr. A. H. Lockett, '92, as umpire.