The Freshman Meeting.

The freshman meeting was held on Holmes field yesterday afternoon. Previous to the regular order of events, W. B. Greenleaf, '92, lowered the college record for the two mile bicycle race of 6 minutes, 4-5 seconds, held by R. H. Davis, '91, to 5 minutes, 59 1-4 seconds. The time by quarters is as follows: 46 seconds; 1 minute, 29 seconds; 2-12; mile, 2-56 1-2; 3-43; 4-30; 5-15; two miles, 5 minutes, 59 1-4 seconds. E. A. Bailey, '91, K. Brown, '91, and T. Barron '91, were pace makers.

The two-mile bicycle race was the first event. There were three entries: P. W. Davis, C. C. Goodrich and J. E. Tweedy. Goodrich led until the last lap, when Davis took the lead followed by Tweedy. Davis won in 6 minutes, 58 3-4 seconds. The last quarter was made in 40 seconds.

The hundred yards dash was run in two preliminary heats and a final. The first heat was won by C. Andrade in 11 1-2 seconds; J. H. Steinhart, second, The second heat was won by H. M. Steinbergh in 10 4-5 seconds; W. L. Thompson and L. Tremain a tie for second place.

In the mile walk there were two entries, H. Ware and C. R. Bardeen. This event was very slow, neither man wishing to set the pace. Bardeen won in 8 minutes, 45 seconds.

The final heat in the hundred yards was won by Steinberg in 10 4-5 seconds; C. Andrade, second.

Putting the shot was won by P. V. K. Johnson by a put of 30 feet.

The mile run had two contestants, G. Codmore and C. H. Pierce. Both men kept well togehter, Collamore finishing first in 5 minutes, 16 seconds.

E. B. Hinkley was the only entry in the half-mile run,

The running borad jump had two contestants, E. B. Hinkley and L. A. Frothingham; the former won by a jump of 19 feet and 2 inches.

The 440 yards dash had four entries, L. Frazer, F. Winsor. R. G. Miller and R. G. Fearing. Fearing was set back a yard for going over the mark but this did not prevent his winning. Time 56 seconds. Miller second.

The 220 yards dash was won by E. B. Hinkley in 25 seconds. H. M. Sternbergh. second.

R. G. Fearing won the high jump with 5 feet 4 inches to his credit.

The pole vault and throwing the hammer will be finished this afternoon at four o'clock. The officers of the meeting were: referee, E. Sturgis, '90; judges. J. T. Burnett, '91, and J. H. Morse L. S.; timers, J. G. Lathrop, S. V. R. Crosby. '91, and R. H. Davis '91; starter. R. S. Hale, '91; judge of walking, C. T. R. Bates, '92.