Princeton and Lehigh.

The first game in which the Princeton eleven has taken part this year was with Lehigh on the University grounds last Saturday. The Lehigh men were kept well on the defensive by the sharp and aggressive playing of their opponents. The contest was one-sided, although Lehigh at times by good passing of the ball when tackled gained much on Princeton. As it was the first game of the season, half-hour halves were played. The final score was, Princeton, 76; Lehigh, 0.

The brilliant running of Mowry and Poe and the fine kicking of Ames, were the features of the game on the part of Princeton. In the first half, Ames kicked a beautiful goal from the field.

The rush line play of Princeton was poor at times, but the greatest fault in the team play was in the poor passing when tackled. Following are names of the players with their positions:

Lehigh-Rushers, Corbin, Rafferty, Dougherty, Martin (centre), Detwiler, Pratt, Barrios; quarter-backs, Walker (captain). Half-backs, Emery and Graham; full-back, Warner.

Princeton-Rushers, Bovaird, Tredinnick, Irvine, George (centre), Cowan (captain), Cook, Hodge; quarter-back, Poe; half-backs, Channing and Mowry; full back, Ames.

Referee, Mr. Barr.