Harvard, 42; Technology, 0

Harvard defeated the Massachusetts Institute of Technology at football yesterday afternoon by a score of 42-0. On accout of the late hour at which the game was called, but two short halves were played, the first lasting 28, and the second 8 minutes. Mr. Kelley of the Medical School was referee; Mr. Palmer L. S. was umpire. The teams were made up as follows:

Harvard; Cumnock, Van Schaik, Trafford, Cranston, Carpenter, Davis, Crosby; Dean, quarter; Lee and Harding, halfs; Sears, full-back.

Technology; Willard, Tracy, Ross, Rice (centre), Highlands. Hamilton, Duane; Godchean, quarter; Slade and Cole, halfs; Durfee, full-back.

Time was called at 4.17, Harvard with the ball and Technology playing with a fresh wind in its favor. Harvarding lead off with a rush but did not gain much ground, and Sears kicked. Technology returning Harvard had the ball down in the center of the field. Rushes by Harding, Davis and Cranston advanced the ball 40 yards, and Lee carried it over the line three minutes after play began. Harding kicked a goal. Technology forced the ball to Harvard's 30-yard line when Crosby got the ball from a fumble, and run the entire distance to the Technology goal line and made a touchdown. Time 5 minutes. Harding kicked a goal, making the score 12-0. Slade rushed the ball 20 yards and Tech. kicked and Harvard had the ball down on the 20-yard line. Trafford carried it to the centre of the field, and Sears and Van Schaik advanced it 10 yards further when Lee lost it on a fumble. Dean got the ball by a good drop, however, and Sears punted. Crosby by good work got the ball and Lee and Cranston advanced it 10 yards further and Lee made a touchdown in 12 minutes. Goal by Harding. Tech. made a poor kick and Harvard had the ball down in the middle of the field. Rushes by Lee Trafford, Harding and Van Schaik foreed it to the 5-yard line, and Sears carried it over and scored the fourth touchdown, from which Harding kicked a goal, making the score 24-0. Time 16m. Harvard got the ball in the centre of the field on a foul and Lee and Davis advanced it to the 20-yard line. Harding by good dodging carried it through the Tech. team and over the the line. Goal. Time 20 m. Slade punted straight into the air and Crosby got the ball. Rushes by Trafford, Lee, Davis, Harding and Cumnock advanced the ball to the 10-yard line and Lee carried it across the line. Time 22 m. Harding kicked the goal, making the score 36-0. During the remaining six minutes of the half Harvard did not score. The ball was kept near the middle of the field the backs punting back and forth and time was called as Harvard was forcing the ball towards Tech's goal.

Play for the second half was called at 9 minutes of five. Tech. started with the ball but Crosby immediately got it from a fumble, Trafford rushed 10 yards and Harding carried the ball to the 15-yard line where it went to Tech on a fumble. Dean and Cumnock stopped a rush by good tackling and Tech punted. Sears fumbled and Tech had the ball down in the middle of the field. Tech kicked again and Harvard had the ball down. Sears, by a long punt sent the ball rolling towards the Tech line. Cumnock stopped it a yard from the line and Tech made a touch-down for safety. Score, 38-0. Tech kicked from the 25-yard line and Harding, getting the ball, carried it to the 30-yard line when Harvard had it down. Rushes by Harding, and Trafford forced the ball to the 12-yard line and Lee made the last touchdown for Harvard in five minutes. Harding missed the goal. Score, 42-0. The ball went to Harvard in four downs on the 25-yard line and Sears advanced it eight yards when time was called.

The Harvard team played with more snap yesterday than in any previous game. The high tackling of the team and the slowness in getting through are still the most serious faults.