Princeton Letter.

The chief subject of interest here this week has been the elections which have been held for various offices. On Monday the election of a captain for next year's football team was held and Cowan, '88, who will be in the seminary next year, was unanimously elected after George, '89, had refused the office. Monday night, the senior class elections for class day were held, and, contrary to expectation, passed off without any split in the class. '88 has since its entrance been noted for the harmony in the class and the freedom from cliques, but it was feared that there would be a bitter fight over some of the offices. The best men were elected though in almost every instance, and there was none of that bitter fight which so disgraced '87.

The elections for Washington's Birthday orator and debater were held by '89 to day, and R. O. Aulick of Washington was elected to be the debater, and W. J. George, O., who played center on this year's team, is to be the orator.

The Glee Club, together with the Banjo and Mandolin Clubs, have been thoroughly organized and have given half a dozen concerts thus far. The Glee Club is considered the best for several years, and the Mandolin Club makes a great hit wherever it is heard. The clubs start on their annual trip the day after Christmas, giving their first concert at Harrisburg and then going through the northern part of Pennsylvania and New York on a three weeks trip.

There is the appearance of great growth in Princeton at present. The new art building is rapidly going up and the Morphological Laboratory, a gift of the class of '76, will be ready for use in a short time. The art building promises to be one of the handsomest in Princeton, and it is expected it will be ready for use by next spring. There is a movement on foot to put up new and handsomer buildings for the two library societies, Whig and Clio, the present buildings being too small to accommodate the members. It is the intention of those having the matter in charge, to put up buildings costing from $80,000 to $100,000, and it is understood that more than half of the money is already raised and the rest is well in sight.

The base-ball cage will be ready for use the first of next term, and Captain Wagenhust will get his men at work at once upon their return from the holidays. Princeton's prospects have never been brighter in baseball, and, barring accidents, we expect to give the champions a hard rub for the pennant next spring.

THE PRINCETONIAN