The Law Review for November.

Leading articles in the Nov. number of the Low Review are the second part of Mr. Samuel Williston's "History of the Law of Businest Corporations before 1800," and Mr. Austin Abbott's paper on "Indians and the Law." Mr. Wiliiston's essay, which was begun in the October number. was written for the prize offered last year by the Harvard Law School Association. While the main purport of the essay is to treat of the development of the law of corporations, the more popular aspect of these institutions as shown in their external history and in their influence in the commercial world of England in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries is not neglected. The essay is, therefore, interesting to general readers since it does not partake of the purely technical character that is often found in legal periodicals and which is attractive only to legal minds. Mr. Abbott's paper also avoids too great technicality. He traces the growth of the principles which have determined the legal relation of the Indian to the United States Government. The present state of the Indian question is a matter comparatively little understood by the great mass of our people. To those who may wish to obtain an idea of the increasing difficulty of this question and of the attempts made by the government to meet it, we recommend this article. The usual valuable notes and summaries of recent cases fill the remaining pages of the number.