The Torchlight Procession.

The Republican torchlight procession which took place last evening, was undoubtedly a great success, from the manager's point of view. It is safe to say that the Harvard delegation enjoyed themselves thoroughly, the only drawback being the long delay at the beginning of the parade. At 7.15 the Harvard battalion began to form on the Charles St. Wall of the Common, the seniors at the Bacon street gate, the other classes extending in order toward Boylston St. The company from the Medical School formed behind the freshmen. At 7.45, the column moved along Beacon and Arlington streets, to its position as a part of the third division on the north side of Commonwealth avenue, the right of the column resting on Dartmouth street. Here the battallion halted, and the men amused themselves in divers innocent ways. After an almost interminable delay the division fell into line behind the second division at 9.30 p. m. After the march was really begun there were no halts of any importance. The route of the procession lay through Dartmouth street to Boylston, where Gov. Ames, at the Brunswick, reviewed the column; through Berkely, Columbus avenue, Springfield and Washington streets to Adams Square, where the chief marshal reviewed and dismissed the parade. The route was hardly a satisfactory one, but it did very well, and the rounds of applause for Harvard, on Columbus avenue and Springfield St. testified that Harvard's efforts were appreciated. The marching was hardly scientific, but seemed perfectly satisfactory to all interested. The procession, as far as Harvard was concerned, ended by 11.30 p. m.