A Harvard Scholar for Egypt.

A movement has been set on foot by the Boston Museum of Fine Arts to send an American archaeologist to Egypt, and to forward for the Boston Museum of Fine Arts some of the sculptures which are being unearthed.

Dr. Goddard H. U. '81, has been secured for the work and is now engaged in preliminary study at the Louvre in Paris, preparatory to joining Narith in December, in his explorations.

The Archaeological Institute, through Professor Norton, has subscribed largely to the fund and takes a great interest in the work.

Already there has been secured from Bubastis, which Heroditus considered the most beautiful of all Egyptian temples, an exquisite colossal face of Hathor, the Egyptian Venus, which will probably be accompanied by a toppiece of the lotus-columns of the temple. As fast as the sculptures are received they will be placed in the Egyptian department of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, where they will form the most interesting collection of Egyptian antiquities in America, and will also be of great value from an artistic point of view.

This is the first time an American has been engaged in these explorations and for this reason, aside from the value of the results, the undertaking is of great interest, not only to archaeologists but also to all students of biblical history and all interested in fine arts.