None

No Headline

At this time of year, when everyone is in the midst of mid-year examinations, it may seem inopportune to urge men to make an effort to attend the chapel exercises in the morning. The exercises, however, take but a few moments, and come at a time when the short minutes they occupy can easily be spared even at this busy period of the year.

Dr. Hale, who is now conducting these services, has adopted a new way of making them interesting. He reads from the Evangelists chapters selected so as to give the life of Christ in a chronological way. This idea is new and makes the conception of the life of Christ more real and vivid than is obtained from the usual reading of the New Testament. The benefit derived from a daily glimpse of a pure strong life is not to be doubted; and if a man aims only at self-culture, he could scarcely spend fifteen minutes of each day more profitably than at chapel.

The change from compulsory to voluntary prayers was an experiment urged by the students. Its outcome was regarded with doubt by those most deeply interested in the welfare of our University. So far the experiment has been a success, and we urge each man for his own sake to do his share toward making its success the more complete.