Princeton's Art Museum.

The Art Museum of Princeton College has grown very rapidly in the last few years. The museum now embraces the Sheldon Jackson and Trumbull-Prime collections, the collection of Etruscan potteries made by Professor Frothingham and several others, most of which are well known; and recently a collection of bronze medals, medallions and coins of Modern Europe and America has been presented to the college by Mrs. Robert L. Stuart of New York. Perhaps the most interesting series of medals is the one cast in honor of the president of the United States by order of Congress. There is also an interesting series commemorating the Declaration of Independence.

There are a number of medals struck by the Chamber of Commerce, New York, in honor of Robert Anderson and the defenders of Fort Sumter; also one to defenders of Fort Pickens. They are in several different sizes. There is also a series of facsimiles in wood of bronze medals struck at the time of the Centennial. There is besides an important and interesting collection of medals in memory of famous French and American battles and naval victories. A large number of medals in gold and silver commemorate the election, inauguration and episodes in the career of some of our presidents, among whom are Washington and Lincoln. A series of reproductions of medals in honor of the kings of France is interesting. They extend from the siege of Pharamond 430 A. D. down to Napoleon II, who died in 1832. Besides those we have mentioned there are a great many series of medals both curious and interesting. The collection numbers in all some 350 or 450 medals, forming a remarkable running history of the first half of the nineteenth century.