Dinner of the Yale Alumni of Colorado.

Last week the Yale Alumni Association of Colorado held its seventh annual meeting in Denver. Many prominent graduates of Yale were present, and the spirit that prevails at all gatherings of Yale men was noticeable at this meeting. Enthusiastic speeches and toasts were made and the loyal feelings of the men at the meeting found expression in the following resolution:

Resolved, That the President and Executive Committee be authorized to announce in such manner as they may see fit, that any young man educated in Colorado and desiring to go to college and needing pecuniary aid, will be assisted by the Colorado Yale Association to the extent of $200 per year for the four years' course if he chooses to go to Yale University.

The idea of aiding men to go to college in this way is a new one, and will probably result in changing the minds of many people in favor of college education. Two hundred dollars a year will go a long way toward paying a man's college expenses, and many poor young men who may not have thought of a college education as a possible thing for them will be ready to take the responsibility of paying what expenses they incur above the two hundred dollars.

This action is another of the many illustrations of the enthusiastic love of Alma Mater that characterizes not only the undergraduates and recent graduates, but even those who were in Yale back in the '40's and '50's.