The Technology Winter Games.

(Continued from Second Page.)

Nelson, Harvard '91, light-weights, were next in the ring. It was more of a walking match than a scientific exhibition. Peters had it all his way. He was given the light-weight cup. Gaines and Ellis now appeared for the final feather-weight. Gaines forced the fighting, but not very hard. Ellis stood up to his work well and the first round was anyone's. In the second round Gaines attempted a more aggressive style, rather too much so, for it gave Ellis a fine chance. Ellis was decidedly the fresher at the end of the third round and was awarded the feather-weight. A little surprise was now in store for the spectators. A bout was announced between Bangs and Bowen, Harvard '88, whose name did not appear on the program. This was the closest contest of all. Bowen took the aggressive. At the middle of the second round he seemed to be having the best of it, when Bangs rushed him. Bowen seemed dazed for a moment, while Bangs scored well. At the end of the third round the men were so even that an extra round was thought necessary. At the end of this Bowen was declared the winner of the middle-weight cup. As is usual in case of a close decision, there was considerable discontent at the result. Harvard, on the whole, made a very poor showing, and her followers went home feeling rather sad and disgusted. The officers of the meeting were: W. A. Davis, referee of course; Harold G. Gross, '88, clerk of course; John Boyle O'Reilly, referee of sparring; Dr. William Appleton and Mr. E. P. Barry, judges of sparring.