The Technology Winter Games.

The tenth annual meeting of the M. I. T. Athletic Association took place in Winslow's Rink, on Clarendon St., on Saturday afternoon. For the spectators the change form the old gymnasium was an acceptable one; for the contestants, rather questionable. In spite of a liberal sprinkling of resin, the floor was very slippery, balking the men considerably and robbing them of their confidence.

The first event was the fence vault. Of the six entries but four men appeared-R. C. Williams and H. G. Bradlee of the M. I. T., and J. Connor and R. E. Grant of the Union Gymnasium. Williams and Connor both did 6 ft. 9 in., and, failing in the next height, the event was given to Connor on a handicap for size. The standing high jump was the next event. Out of five entries the contest narrowed down to Mason. M. I. T., and Curtis, H. A. A. The failure of both at 4 ft. 8 3-4 in. lowered the bar an inch. Both cleared this on the third trial. Wason got over 4 ft. 8 in. on the third trial, taking the event. Doherty won putting the shot with a put of 32 ft. 7 in. DeBullet was second at 32 ft. 4 in. The running high kick brought out Wason, M. I. T., and P. J. Finneshan, J. A. Doherty and W. S. Phillips of the Association Gymnasium. Wason reached 8 ft. 10 in., but Phillips overcame his 2 in. handicap by a kick of 9 ft. 14 in. The tug-of-war between the Harvard and Tech freshmen was the next event. Tech had the weight. Technology was anchored by Rooney, with Greer, Lyman and Coles for a rope team. The Harvard team was composed of Tallant, (anchor,) McClellan, White and DeNormandy. Tech won the drop by about 5 in.; Harvard was very slow in getting down. Tallant made several attempts to regain the rope but they were ineffectual. Tech won by 8 in. The tug-of-war was followed by the running high jump. Wason, Finneshan, Irwin, and R. S. Hale, (H. A. A.,) were the contestants. Hale fell out at 5 ft. 3-4 in., Irwin and Finneshan at 5 ft. 3 1-2 in., leaving Wason winner at that height. It was now about five o'clock and the first sparring event was called. Ellis, M. I. T., and Walters, Harvard, '91, feather-weights, answered the call. In the first two rounds Ellis clearly had the best of it, coolly meeting Walters's rushes with his left. Towards the end of the second round Walters appeared to be in great pain, and at the beginning of the third it was announced that he had sprained his leg and would not appear. Ellis was given the bout. R. C. Williams, M. I. T., and C. R. L. Putnam, Harvard, '91, also feather-weights, next appeared. In the first round matters were very even, Putnam was forcing the fight. The second one, however, began to show against the Harvard man. The third round was clearly William's but Putnam showed considerable "sand." Williams was given this bout. A. P. Gaines. M. I. T., was drawn against J. Johnson, Association gymnasium, but Johnson did not turn up; Williams withdrew and thus the final feather-weight was to be between Ellis and Gaines. In the meanwhile the middle-weight was called. F. R. Bangs, Harvard '91, and G. W. Culter, Association Gymnasium, faced each other. Bangs had the best of it straight through. He assumed the aggressive and used his man up badly. F. R. Peters and M.

(Continued on Fourth Page.)