Freshman Lacrosse Team.

The lacrosse season is now at its height and the 'varsity and freshman teams are hard at work. Since the freshman year of the class of '88, each class has put a freshman team in the field, but never has the prospect for a good twelve been brighter than at present. The number of men now trying for the team is large and the material very good. The men come out every afternoon, and after practising with the stick usually play a game with the 'varsity team. In consequence of this steady work, they are improving rapidly, not only in handling their sticks, but in team play-Harvard's strong point in lacrosse.

The team, as a rule, does not use head work enough. The tendency is to get rid of the ball as soon as possible. This fault will, however, decrease as the men gain in experience. The team play is, notwithstanding this fault, rapidly improving, and the defence shows great promise.

The team will probably be made up from the follwing men: Amory, Bigelow, Davis, Everett, Hall, Huntress, Jones, King, Lord, Lowell, Morton, Rhinelander, Tudor, Walcott, Washburn, Weld. E. C. Moen has been appointed manager, and is arranging games with the following teams: Cambridge. Dorchester, Lawrenceville, Adams Academy, and Princeton second twelve. A game will probably be played also with '90 this week. Ninety-one must remember that their team will have expenses to be paid, and must subscribe liberally. On the whole the outlook is very bright for '91 in lacrosse, and the team will undoubtedly give a good account of themselves at the end of the season.