The H. A. A. Meeting.

The H. A. A. meeting of yesterday, while only changing one Harvard record, was, when the conditions under which it took place are considered, a very successful one. The meeting was an informal affair, managed entirely by the officers of the association, but it has an important bearing on the New York games. The first event was the 120 yards hurdle race. Bell, '91, gave Noble, '88, 10 yards handicap but did not succeed in overhauling him, though he covered the distance in 17 4-5s. Noble's time was not taken. The 100-yards men were now called, Lund, '88; Bodley, L. S.; and Moen, '91, were in the first heat. Lund won in 10 2-5s., with Bodley second. Noble, '88; Mandell, '89; and Meyer, '90, made up the second heat. Mandell wonin 10 1-2s. with Meyer second. Stegman, '91, and Priest, '91, now ran a special half-mile race, Priest winning in 2m. 14 3-5s. The quarter-mile was the next event. Wells, L. S.; Sturgis, '90; Hunnewell, '90; and Stead, '91, were the starters. Wells won in 51 3-5s. Sturgis was second. Gibson, '88, gave an exhibition hammer-throwing. Five of his six throws were over 90 ft., the other being 89 ft. 11 in. In his fourth trial, he threw 93 ft. 2 in., agam breaking the Harvard record. The regular half-mile run was between Miles, '88; Dana. '88; and Downes, '90. It was a pretty race, the men coming in well bunched, Downes slightly in the lead, Miles second. Downes' time was 2m. 3 1-5s. The final 100 yards was now called. Lund, '88; Mandell, '89; and Bodley, L. S., were the contestants. Lund won in 10 1-5s. Bodley second. Pennypacker, '88, gave an exhibition shot-putting. His best throw was 37 ft. C. N. Cogswell, '88, and Gibson, '88, appeared for the broad jump. Gibson won with a jump of 20 ft. 6 in. Cogswell's best jump was 20 ft. Davenport, '90, ran an exhibition mile. G. P. Cogswell, '88, acted as pace-maker for the last three-quarters. Time, 4m. 50s. E. Norton, L. S., and K. Brown, '91, rode the 2-mile bicycle race. Davis, '91, and Bailey, '91, acted alternately as pace-makers. Brown finished first in 6m. 4 1-5s., and Norton made a good second. Noble, '88; Mandell, 89; and Bodley, L. S., ran the low hurdles (2-3 220 yards). Bodley won in 18s.; Mandell second. Wright, L. S., and How, '91, started in the mile walk. Wright dropped out in the second lap but How finished in 7m. 14s. The last event was the 220-yards dash. Mandell, '89, had the pole; Lund, '88, next Meyer, '90, and Moen, '91, on the outside. Lund won in 23s. with Mandell second. Messrs. Keene, '91, and Lathrop, acted as timers; Painter, '89, and Lathrop, as measurers; and Wright, L S., as starter.