Athletes Going Abroad.

Last Saturday there sailed on the "Aurania" from New York a number of representatives of the Manhattan and New York Athletic Clubs who are to compete at the English amateur meeting at Crewe on June 30, and at other places in Great Britain and on the Continent. The New York Athletic Club representatives are Emil Koos for the 100-yard dash; Edward C. Carter, who holds the American record from 1 1-5 mile to 10 miles, the 4 to 10 miles English championship and the 1 to 5 miles American and Canadian championship; Walter C. Dohm, the winner of the quarter-mile at Cedarhurst, who was beaten week before last at the Intercollegiate games by Wells; and George Gray, who holds the world's championship in putting the shot. The Manhattan men are Conneff, the four mile Irish champion, whose record is 19m. 44s.; F. Westurg and Crumley in the 100-yards, dash, and H. M. Banks, who has run the quarter in 51 3-5s.

Page, the U. of P. jumper, was going with the team, but was compelled to give it up. Jordan, the present holder of the 120-yards hurdle championship, and Smith, the exchampion half-mile runner, will sail next Saturday to join the team.