Interscholastic Foot-Ball League.

The scheme of offering a perpetual challenge cup to a foot-ball league composed of the schools in Boston and its neighborhood is being carried out, and about $200 have been subscribed to purchase the cup. The league will probably include the following schools: Hopkinson's, Nichols', Noble's and Hale's private schools, the English High and Boston Latin, Chauncy Hall, Roxbury Latin, Adams Academy, Dorchester High School, St. Mark's School at Southboro, Newton High School and possibly Groton. The league will be under the supervision of a member of the Harvard 'varsity eleven, one or more teachers from the schools named above, and the captains of the two leading teams in the league.

The number of teams in the league will be so great that it will be impossible for each eleven to play every other one, consequently the matches will be arranged as games in a tennis tournament. Each school will draw for its opponent, and the defeated one shall drop from the contest. An attempt will be made to arrange a match between the winner of the Exeter-Andover game.