Yale Eleven.

Today the Yale football eleven plays its first game of the season, playing Wesleyan at New Haven.

Yale men feel that the eleven has been very much weakened by the loss of Beecher, Bull, Pratt, Carter and Woodruff, and they have gone to work with a will to develop new material. Two fields have been laid out, so that four teams can practice at once. This plan will give all the candidates good practice in team work and will especially help the freshman eleven.

The members of last year's team now in college are Corbin, Gill, Wallace, Robinson, Rhodes, Wurtemburg, Brooks and Graves. Very little can be said as yet of the new men trying for the team; it is too early to state anything certain in regard to their chances for the eleven. McClung and Morrison, half-backs on the Exeter team last year, are doing very good work behind the line, and Pell, '92, Funk, '92, and Moyle, '91, are showing up well on the rush line. Captain Corbin is doing his best to develop a winning team, and giving the candidates hard and careful practice.

Carter of last year's team has returned to college and will captain the crew, but will probably not play football.