Corrections in the Records of Amateur Athletes.

In the CRIMSON'S compilation of the records made by amateur athletes in 1888, in the issue of Wednesday, several mistakes were made which we take this opportunity of correcting. It was stated that at the intercollegiate games in New York last May, Webster, of the University of Pennsylvania, broke the world's record in the high jump, with a jump of 5 feet, 11 1-2 inches. He defeated Page at the games but did not equal Page's record which at that time was over six feet. In the pole vault, an unfair comparison was made between Shearman's record and that of Ray of England, in that the reader was led to suppose that Ray's record is a college one, when in reality it is not. A. Copeland's recorded of 14 3-5 seconds in the 120-yards hurdle race, was made over hurdles six inches or more below the regulation height of the hurdles in the intercollegiate races. Dohm, of Princeton, while abroad, won every 440-yard race in which he ran, but he did not, as was stated, succeed in breaking any of the European records, and his records at home have been surpassed both by Wells of Harvard, and Banks of Columbia.