Captain Bob Cook and the Yale Crew.

Captain Bob Cook was in New Haven a few days ago on one of his periodical visits to oversee the work of the Yale crew. A conference of the leading boating men was held in Capt. Woodruff's room to discuss the prospects and plans for the coming spring and also the question of sending a crew to England. Captain Cook intended to take the most prominent candidates for a spin on the harbor in the afternoon, but the stormy weather prevented, so they were compelled to use the tank instead. Captain Bob is always ready to talk about the crew, but never says anything definite, as he does not wish to discourage the candidates or inspire them with over-confidence. He says the men are in very good condition to begin active training. There will be many changes in the make-up of the crew, which may weaken it and may strengthen it; which it will be he cannot say. Mr. Adee was also in New Haven, and between them and Captain Woodruff a definite course of training was laid out which it is hoped will result in turning out a very strong crew.