Medical School Notes.

The news of the faculty's action in regard to base-ball has been received at the school with very considerable delight. The idea was beginning to make itself manifest that Harvard's baseball prospects for the future were more than gloomy. But with Clarkson and a few practice games, "we shall see what we shall see."

Each medical student is allowed free two copies of the Medical Catalogue, which is reprinted from the University Catalogue. This munificent gift of the faculty to its deserving pupils reminds one of the old Cambridge Blue-book, so far as external appearances go. The work of distributing the catalogue progresses from now onward.

Dr. Thomas Dwight, the professor of anatomy, who was for a time unwell and threatened with typhoid fever, is sufficiently recovered to continue his lectures.

Mid-year examinations are not held at the Medical School. To make up for the deficiency, however, the June examinations are peculiarly constructed and are fully capable of taking the place of the mid-years and finals combined. The second half-year commences therefore on Jan. 24th, and the final examinations on June 3d.

The second course in dissection will commence for the first-year students on next week, or during the week following.