Finals in Tennis.

TALLANT WINS THE SINGLES.

The finals in singles between Tallant and Lee were played off yesterday afternoon. Tallant won 6-4, 6-1, 5-7, 6-1, thus winning the championship of the college. The game was won by Tallant's good returns of Lee's lobbing. Lee played on the back line and lobbed into Tallant's hands continually. This kind of play gave Tallant many chances to keep Lee running across the courts, and Lee showed great skill in recovering himself. In starting Tallant took service, but as there was some wind and a strong sunlight they changed courts after each game. Both players were a little careless in the first set and there was little play of interest except in the fourth game when there were some fine cross court plays. The second set was played quickly, more life was shown, and in the sixth game Lee made some good returns of Tallant's smashes. The third set was the most interesting and was by games as follows:

Tallant. 0 2 0 4 0 6 0 0 9 10 0 0-5

Lee. 1 0 3 0 5 0 7 8 0 0 11 12-7

Lee played nearer the net at times and blocked Tallant's swift place well, but he lost many points by lobbing to Tallant on return of service. Trllant won the fourth set easily, Lee gaining more than thirty but once, and that a deuce game.

In the semi-finals round in doubles Wrenn and Lockett beat Wildes and Kingsley 4-6, 6-2, 7-5. Wildes and Kingsley played very cautiously in the second set and did not recover in the third until the score was 5-2, against them. With the score 5 all in the eleventh game some very good plays were made, but after four deuces, a poor play of Kingsley's lost the game.