The Cornell Register.

The Cornell Register for 1889-90 appeared last week. The faculty list shows forty-eight full professors, aided by forty-nine instructors and assistants, and thirty-one non resident lecturers. Thirty-two preachers of various denominations, including many of the most widely known clay in the country, conducted the services last year.

The names in the catalogue of students number 1306. They are divided into the following classes: Graduates 78, seniors 154, juniors 194, sophomores 315, freshmen 411, specials 56. Law school-graduates 9, seniors 37, juniors 58. Students in Pharmacy, 6. 173 men study mechanical engineering, and 170 electrical engineering. The department of Letters has 115 students, the department of Arts 113, and the other departments about their usual proportion. Thirty-eight states and territories, and fourteen foreign countries send students.

Few changes in the courses of instruction require notice. Some elementary courses in Natural Science, and in History and Political Science have been struck off the list of electives in the departments of Science, Letters, Agriculture, and Chemistry. Under the head of Athletics the composition of the recently organized Cornell Athletic association is explained. It will be seen that representatives from the trustees, from the faculty, and from the student athletic organizations form this board. A faculty committee on athletics has also been appointed.

The tuition fee has been raised to $125 a year. The interest of a prize fund of $2000 is to be awarded each year for the best thesis. Three new scholarships are announced.