Columbia College Notes.

A course of public lectures have been arranged by the New York Academy of Sciences, to be held on Monday evenings at various intervals in one of the lecture rooms at Columbia college. The subjects and speakers will be as follows:

December 16-"Strategic Features of the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea." Captain A. T. Mahan of the United States Army.

January 20-"The Ice Age in North America and the Antiquity of Man," Professor G. Frederic Wright, L. L. D. of Oberlin college, Ohio.

February 17-"Four weeks in the Desert of Mount Sinai." Dr. H. Carrington Bolton.

March 17-"Nebulae and the Nebular Hypothesis." Professor Charles A. Young, Ph. D. of Princeton.

March 31-"Volts and Amperes and what they Mean." Professor Chalres F. Chandler, Ph. D. of Columbia college.

April 14-"Methods of Research in Bacteriology." Major George M. Sternberg, M. D., United States Army.

April 28-"Glimpses of the Arctic Regions," William Bradford.

May 19-"Grand Canon of the Colorado." Professor Rositer W. Raymond. Ph. D., of Brooklyn.

The series of winter entertainments by the students will soon begin. Next Friday the second annual public meeting of the Barnard Literary Association will be held in Hamilton Hall. An oration, an essay, and a debate on the question of coeducation, will compose the exercises. The great event of the college year will be on February 4, when the inauguration of Mr. Sech Low as president of the college will take place in the Metropolitan Opera House.