Hare and Hounds Run.

The fifth hare and hounds run, given by the H. A. A., was run yesterday afternoon. Nineteen men, with G. L. Batchelder '92 as master of hounds, strted out following the trail laid by G. Lowell '92 and D. W. Fenton '95, the hares, who were given seven minutes start of the hounds. The weather was perfect for this kind of sport and a sharp pace was set by the runners.

The hounds easily followed the trail up Mt. Auburn and Brattle Sts. to Fresh Pond, around the Pond, down the Fitchburg R. R. tracks, and across to the Harvard Observatory. The break was made at the corner of Linnaean and Garden Sts. From here the hounds had a lively race to the Gymnasium. J. O. Nichols L. S., came in first, and the next six men arrived in the following order: F. C. Chamberlain L. S., F. W. Burlingham L. S., F. C. Hinckley '95, C. E. Hutchinson '93, A. L. Endicott '94, W. Emerson '95.

The first hound finished 19 minutes after the hares, who ran the distance of seven miles in 46 minutes. The hares will receive cups, as they made up their time allowance and had five minutes to spare. Nichols also wins a cup.

The next run will be on Monday after-noon if the weather is favorable.