Chapel Service.

Dr. McKenzie, who preached in the Chapel last evening, took his text from Genesis xxiv, 12: "Send me good speed this day." The preacher said that in life many things were determined by chance. The Bible narratives as well as the history of our own lives are full of instances of the influence of luck. We must not on this account believe that life is all a lottery. It is a blessed thought that this is God's good world and that God must rule over all.

Law is to be seen everywhere in God's government of the world. Even portentous circumstances may be traced back to fixed principles. Dr. McKenzie said that he had traced the history of the different members of his class and he found that each seemed to have received all that he deserved. This conclusion may be applied broadly, Good luck comes to the man who is deserving, not morally, but rationally deserving. It is the wise man who wins success, because he has the secret by which success may be won.

The choir sang Wareing's beautiful anthem, with a bass solo, "Come now, and let us Reason."