The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

Our attention has recently been called by an officer of the Co-operative Society to the fact that it is a frequent occurrence for members to benefit their friends who are not members by making purchases for them on their own tickets. We regret that it should be necessary for us to take notice of such deeds, but the fact that they take place calls for condemnation. It is, or ought to be, manifest that such behavior on the part of members, if not dishonest, at least comes pretty close to it, especially since it is clearly understood that the benefits of the society are only intended for its members. It seems to us that every one in the college ought to be willing to support the society by becoming a member, but even if some do not look upon it in this light, they should never become mean enough to try to gain its advantages through their friends without paying in return the slight fees that it demands.

We have no doubt that many of those who have thus to favor their friends, gone beyond their privileges as members, have done so thoughtlessly, and we sincerely hope, now that the matter has been brought to their attention, that they will desist from a practice that is at the very least mean and dishonorable.