The Prospect in Lacrosse.

Every possible endeavor will be put forth this spring at Princeton to retain the lacrosse championship, which she succeeded in winning from Harvard last spring, after a very close game. Although six members of last year's team graduated last year and have not as yet returned to college, nevertheless Princeton's outlook is very favorable, unless Harvard develops an exception ally strong team. By the graduation of Hodge, Church, Blackwell, Talcott, Nicholson and Bliss, two places on the attack, two on the defence, and goal and coverpoint are left open. The men have been practicing all fail and winter, as long as the weather permitted, and have played quite a number of games. In these games Browning, '89, Uebelacker, '89, Voorhes, '90, Taylor, '89, Chapin, '90, Payne, '91, and Minor. '90, filled the vacant places. Active training will be resumed in March, and the team will be strengthened greatly by a number of football men.

Last year was Lehigh's first year in the association. Her team was a strong one, and as most of the twelve returned to college last fall, Lehigh will undoubtedly put a very strong team in the field this spring.

Stevens and Rutgers are also making their best efforts to get together a strong team, but they can hardly be looked upon as being able to make a hard fight for the pennant.

Harvard's chances for winning the championship has received a decided blow by the loss of Captain Griffing. Besides him seven other members of last year's team have left college, so that to be able to wrest the championship from Princeton and to bring it back to its natural home all the candidates will have to work their best and help the captain to their utmost abilities.