America's Cricketers.

The American cricket team which will cross the Atlantic next summer has been selected. There are a number of college men on the team, notably among whom are J. A. Scott and W. Scott of the University of Pennsylvania. Cricket has always been one of the most popular of athletic sports at the University of Pennsylvania, and that fact will account for Pennsylvania's large representation on the team. Cricket in the American colleges has been growing steadily in popularity for some years, and now there will be ample opportunity to compare the standard of excellence reached in America with that which has been attained in England, Scotland and Ireland. The make up of the team will probably be as follows: D. S. Newhall, captain; F. E. Brewster, J. A. Scott, W. Scott, W. Crockill, W. C. Morgan, H. I. Brown, G. S. Patterson, W. C. Lowry, A. G. Thomson, J. S. Sharp, N. Etting and D. P. Stoever.

The team will start on or about June 19, and the first match will be played on July 2 and 3 against Trinity College, Dublin. The other matches are as follows: July 4 and 5, at the same city, against Gentlemen of Ireland; July 8 and 9, at Edinburgh, against Gentlemen of Scotland; July 11 and 12, at Liverpool, vs. Gentlemen of Liverpool; July 15 and 16, at either Clifton or Cheltenham, against the Gentlemen of Gloucestershire; on July 18 and 19, at Oral, Gentlemen of Surrey; July 22 and 23, at historical Lords, against the Marylebone Cricket Club; July 25 and 26, at Maidstone, Gentlemen of Kent; July 29 and 30, Southampton, Gentlemen of Hampshire; August 1 and 2, Portsmouth. United Service; August 5 and 6, Brighton, Gentlemen of Sussex; August 8 and 9, Oval or Lords, Oxford or Cambridge University.