The Trouble at Wesleyan.

A committee of the Wesleyan faculty appointed to investigate the bomb throwing last Friday night have ascertained the following facts which tend to show that the accidents were caused by a series of mistakes and were not intentional as has previously been thought. A member of the freshmen class telegraphed to his father in New York to procure for him half a dozen bombs for the purpose of celebrating Washington's birthday. A messenger was sent to procure the bombs, and through a mistake was sent to 20 Park Place instead of 9, as had been intended. The intention was to get Chinese salute bombs which explode with a loud noise, but are not particularly dangerous. The messenger failed to find the address given and went to Stone and Lyon, 20 Park Place, where he was given six "cannon salute bombs." The package was not examined at all, but forwarded direct to Middletown. When the package was opened it was found that the bombs were not of the kind expected, but considering by whom they were sent they were supposed to be all right and were used with extremely unfortunate results. The damage to the buildings is not at all like that first reported, and can be made good for $25 or less. The faculty met Tuesday, but postponed action in the matter of penalties.