Addition to the College Regulations.

STUDENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO REGISTER AFTER THE CHRISTMAS AND APRIL RECESSES.

For some time it has been rumored that the action of the faculty on the recommendations of the Board of Overseers would be known this term. But the college authorities are not disposed to act in the matter without the greatest deliberation, and the only action taken by them so far, which will be made public, is embodied in the following amendment to Section 35 of the College Regulations:

"Every student is required to present himself for registration, on Thursday, the first day of the academic year, between the hours of 9 a. m. and 1 p. m., at a place to be announced on the bulletin boards. He is further required to register not later than 12 o'clock. noon, on the first week day after the Christmas recess and the April recess."

It will be seen at once that the object of this amendment is to get men back promptly after the vacations, and thus, theoretically, secure a greater degree of regularity in their work. If the recesses remain as short as they are at present, this change will doubtless be the cause of inconvenience for the men who live at a considerable distance from Cambridge. Especially will this be true at Christmas when everybody wants to go home; but it would not be worth while for many men to do so for a vacation of only eleven or twelve days.