Spring Meeting of the Technology Athletic Club.

A well attended meeting of the Technology Athletic Club, open to the members of the M. I. T., H. A. A. and B. A. A. was held in Winslow's rink Saturday afternoon. The prize in each event was a silver cup bearing the seal of the club. All the events were well contested and the Technology records for putting the shot and for the running high kick were broken.

The meeting opened by a handicap fence-vault, contested by G. W. Pear-son, H. A. A., scratch; A. H. Green, H. A. A., 1-2 inch handicap; C. F. Lincoln, B. A. A., 1 1-2 inches; J. C. De Bullet, M. I. T., 2 1-2 inches and G. B. Morrison. B. A. A., 2 1-2 inches. Lincoln failed at 6 feet, 5 inches, De Bullet could go but an inch higher, while Pearson and Green dropped out at 6 feet, 10 inches, thus leaving Morrison the winner, with a vault of 6 feet, 11 inches.

The standing high jump, between F. G. Curtis, H. A. A., and L. C. Wason, M. I. T., was the next event. Curtis seemed out of practice and Wason won by clearing 4 feet, 7 1-2 inches.

H. O. Stickney, H. A. A. and J. C. De Bullet appeared to put the shot. Both men did good work, De Bullet winning by a put of 36 feet, 2 1-4 inches, breaking the previous "Tech" record by eight inches.

The next event, the running high jump, proved to be one of the prettiest contests of the meeting. The entries were J. P. Lee, H. A. A., R. G. Leavitt, H. A. A. and P. W. Conant, M. I. T. All the men jumped with case and grace. Conant was the first to withdraw. The contest between Lee and Leavitt promised to be very close but Leavitt slipped. striking his face against the bar with considerable violence, and was forced to withdraw thus leaving Lee the winner with a jump of 5 feet 5 1-2 inches.

The only entries for the high kick were L. C. Wason, M. I. T., and G. Rublee, H. A. A. Wason won and afterward succeeded in touching the plate at 9 feet, 2 inches, thus beating the previous Technology record by one inch.

The tug-of-war between Harvard, '92, and Technology, '92, was won by the latter after a stubborn fight. The teams were as follows: Technology-F. H. Harvey, anchor, W. R. Kales, No. 3, S. W. Weis, No. 2, W. W. Locke, No. 1; Harvard-F. Allen, anchor, M. M. Smith, No. 3, M. I. Motte, No. 2 H. L. Grant, No. 1.

The next event was the heavy-weight sparring, for which there were two entries. F. G. Curtis and F. R. Bangs, both of Harvard. The first two rounds were slightly in favor of Curtis. In the third round, however, Bangs took the aggressive, and the exchanges were even. Curtis was awarded the bout.

Then came the feather-weight sparring between J. S. Dodge, H. A. A. and P. Marquand, H. A. A. Dodge got rather the best of the first round. The second was very close. In the third, Marquand had the advantage on account of his superior staying power. The judges ordered another round, which was in Marquand's favor, and he was given the cup.

The light-weight sparring was contested by F. R. Peters, B. A. A., and F. Cabot, H. A. A. Peters got in more blows in the first round but Cabot forced the fighting. In the second round, Peters slipped as he was getting away from one of Cabot's rushes and fell heavily to the floor. Cabot was fresher for the third round but Peters landed some good clean hits on his face and neck. After some discussion the bout was given to Cabot.

The meeting was brought to a close by a tug-of-war between Harvard, '91 and Technology, '92. Harvard's team was composed of G. D. Higgins, anchor, G. B. McLellan, No. 3, J. F. Bass, No. 2, and P. Y. DeNormandie, No. 1. Neither team gained on the drop, but an unguarded movement of Tech's anchor enabled Harvard to get 3-4 of an inch which they held until time was called.

The officers of the meeting were: referee, W. A. Davis; clerk of course, N. Durfee; judges, H. A. Gross and E. A. Pease; referee of sparring, Dr. W. A. Appleton; judges of sparring, W. C. Austin and E. P. Barry.