The Phillips-Andover Club.

About forty Andover men met last evening in the rooms of Mr. J. W. Lund, '90, to consider the formation of a Phillips Andover club. After the object of the meeting had been formally stated, a short time was devoted to an informal discussion of the advantages of the club; J. H. Ropes, '89, J. W. Lund, '90 and other prominent graduates of the academy took part in this discussion. It was at once evident that the sentiment of all present was enthusiastically in favor of the formation of such a club and a motion that the meeting resolve itself into an association to effect a permanent organization was unanimously carried. A motion that a president, secretary and committee of three, who with the president and secretary should constitute an executive committee was also (?) The first duty of this committee is to draw up a constitution to be submitted to the club at the next meeting.

Mr. J. H. Ropes. '89, was (?) chosen president, and Mr. J. W. Lund, '90, secretary. They, together with C. T. Sempers, Divinity School, W. T. Richards, '89, and H. McK. Landon, '92, will constitute the executive committee. This committee was ordered to report on a constitution at the meeting to be held on the evening of Friday, March 22, at 39 Thayer.

The purpose of the club will be to render it pleasanter for Andover men entering Harvard; to this end monthly meetings will be held throughout the year, and the Harvard-Andover dinner which was held for the first time last October will be made an annual event. It will also be the object of the club to increase the size of the Andover delegation coming to Harvard by endeavoring to promote a better understanding between the preparatory school and the University.