Harvard, 9; Dartmout, 3.

Harvard's second game with Dartmouth was played on Holmes field Saturday afternoon. The work of the nine was much more satisfactory than on Friday. The team did not go to pieces as usual in the first inning, and there was not as many pitcher's errors as in the previous games. At present one cannot help noticing the fact that the men do not keep thoroughly alive to their work throughout the whole of a game. Harvard scored six runs to Dartmouth's nothing during the first two innings, but went to pieces so badly on account of carelessness in the fourth and fifth innings that Dartmouth scored three of her four runs. The score would indicate a fair game on the part of Harvard, but those who witnessed the game were far from satisfied with the work of the nine. Hawley struck out six men and gave three first base on called balls. Dartmouth got four hits with a total of six. Harvard hit Vaiu freely. The features of the game were the base running of Dean, the batting of Willard, Howland and Dean, and the coaching of Willard.

Dartmouth came first to the bat, but made no runs until the fourth inning. Harvard lead off with two runs owing to fielding errors and a one-base hit. In the second, Dean's three-base hit and two other base hits brought in four runs. Schroll, Dean and Linn were left on bases in the third. In the fourth Willard made his two-base hit; this was followed by another two-base hit by Henshaw which gave Willard an earned run. In the fifth and sixth, Harvard went out in almost one, two, three order, and got no more runs until the seventh inning, when Schroll got first on called balls and, owing to a wild pitch and a short fly of Dean's managed to get home. Dean reached thrid by stealing bases and got home on an attempt to put out Evans. Dartmouth made two runs in the fifth inning on Woodcock's three-base hit. Norton reached first on an error of Schroll's, and by stealing bases and a wild throw of Hawley's, reached home. Only seven innings were played as the visitors were obliged to leave early. Appended is the score.

HARVARD.AB. R. BH. TB. PO. A. E.

Linn, r. f. 4 1 1 1 0 0 0

Howland, c. f, 4 2 2 2 2 0 0

Quackenboss, 3b. 4 1 0 0 2 1 1

Willard, 1b. 4 1 2 3 6 0 0

Henshaw, c. 4 0 1 2 8 0 0

Hawley, p. 3 0 1 1 0 7 4

Schroll. 2b. 1 2 0 0 2 2 1

Dean, s. s. 3 2 1 3 1 5 0

Evans, l. f. 4 0 0 0 0 0 0

Totals. 31 9 8 12 21 15 6

DARTMOUTH.AB. R. BH. TB. PO. A. E.

Williams, s. s. 3 0 0 0 2 2 0

Gault, 1b. 2 1 0 0 70 0

Woodcock, c. f. 4 1 1 3 1 0 0

Abbott, 3b. 3 1 2 2 2 0 3

Jones, r. f. 2 0 0 0 1 1 0

Hoyt, l. f. 3 0 0 0 1 2 1

Ramsey, c. 3 0 1 1 6 0 0

Norton, 2b. 3 1 0 0 0 2 0

Viau, p. 3 0 0 0 1 10 8

Totals. 26 4 4 6 21 17 12

Innings. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Harvard. 2 4 0 1 0 0 2-9

Dartmouth. 0 0 0 1 2 1 0-4

Earned runs, Harvard, 1; two-base hits, Willard, Henshaw; Three-base hits, Dean, Woodcock; first base on balls, Harvard 5, Dartmouth 3; first base on errors, Harvard 8, Dartmouth 5: struck out, Harvard 6, Dartmouth 6; wild pitches, Viau 1; flies caught, Harvard 6, Dartmouth 6; fouls caught, Harvard 2, Dartmouth 1; out on bases, Harvard 3, Dartmouth 1; left on qases, Harvard 7, Dartmouth 3: time, 1 hour, 35 minutes; umpire, Mr. Weeden.