Harvard, '91, 14; St. Marks, 16.

The report of the game at Southboro on Wednesday between St. Marks nine and a picked nine from Ninety-one was received too late for publication in yesterday's CRIMSON.

The playing on both sides was wretched, nearly every man making one or more errors before the game was finished. The pitching of Manning was weak, seventeen hits being made off his delivery. The outfielders and shortstop of the St. Mark's nine did by far the best work of the team, but the men as a whole played loosely. The team play of the Ninety-one nine was weaker, if possible, than that of their opponents, but their batting was good.

This was the first game of the '91 scrub nines, and so all its errors are pardonable. An opportunity for the team to play other teams is desirable not for pleasure, but for the purpose of developing new material for the 'varsity. Below is a list of players and their positions:

Harvard, '91. Fitzhugh, c., Bumpus, p. Dexter. 1b., Babbitt, 2b., Fielding, 3b., Cummings, s. s., Codman, l. f., Rublee. c. f., Hall, r. f.

St. Marks. Jenkins, c., Manning p., Cobb, 1b., Manning 2b., Caswell, 3o., Barber. s. s., Davis, l. f., Kidder, c. f., Burnett, r, f.