The Exeter Misunderstanding.

A recent issue of the Exonian contains the following article which explains itself:

"Our management has just received a most satisfactory letter from Manager Flint of the Harvard '91 base ball team, in regard to the misunderstandings that have so unfortunately occurred about the arrangement of a game. From this letter we are fully able to comprehend the reason for the inability of the team to appear, and we feel it a duty to apologize to the '91 management for the charges made against them in our last issue, and we hope that a game may be arranged with this team after all. However, we have no reason to retreat from our stand in regard to the Consolidated and the 'Varslty. The actions of those two teams were not least in causing the present misunderstanding with Harvard. It is, however, unnecessary for us to repeat the circumstances in regard to these two teams, yet the action, or rather the inaction of the 'varsity, could not have been prompted by anything but total indifference towards Exeter athletics. If there be any explanation we hope it will be soon forthcoming and as satisfactory as that furnished by the manager of the '91 team."